Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pleomax SuperSlim keyboard is pure joy (converting my laptop to a CPU)

I recently converted my laptop to a CPU (haha) because it's killing my neck already. Using the laptop 8hrs a day is really a pain! I bought a 19inch Samsung LCD monitor and this Pleomax SuperSlim keyboard so I can get away from using the laptop directly. I think I'm becoming a Samsung fanboy haha.. so far I'm satisfied with these 2 items, both are worth the money.

I really like how the laptop feels except my posture when I'm using it. That's the only drawback. But I'm so used to the keyboard, touchpad, and even the small screen. I think I've been working around 6 months on just my laptop. Until my neck gave up.


LCD Monitor
The 19inch Samsung costs PhP 6,800. I like it's low resolution (relative to the screen size - 1360x768) which makes everything big. I always wondered why some LCD makers max out the pixel density for the screen size, yes it makes the desktop real estate bigger but you will need a microscope for everything, especially the text. It's just not practical. We bought a 17inch LG before that was just like that. The problem with these monitors is that you have to use their native resolution, or else it the pixels will look ugly. Kudos to Samsung (and others) who make big LCD's with low pixel density (not sure if LG still does it like before).


Keyboard
The Pleomax SuperSlim keyboard costs PhP 1,000. I read about Pleomax before on the newspaper that they were making these keyboards that are like the laptop keyboards. I just love laptop keyboards (especially Lenovo haha) because I can type very fast with no effort at all. My brother says that this keyboard is too expensive, but in my job I use the keyboard like 99% of the time so for me it's really essential. If you have a supercomputer with a generic cheapo keyboard then your computer sucks!!! hahaa no flames please, I just have to say that ;) I've had jobs before where they would let us use a generic keyboard which really irritates me. I mean it's the thing I use all day (!!!), plus it doesn't really cost that much to buy a premium keyboard like this one. The Pleomax SuperSlim keyboard totally feels like a laptop keyboard so that makes it worth the money for me (Pleomax is owned by Samsung btw).

Mouse
Just using a regular A4tech mouse. Haha. No innovation on the mouse department anyway. I'm still wishing I can buy a USB touchpad so I don't have to move my right hand away from the keyboard from time to time.

So there. Laptop users, please don't damage your neck! (at least if you're using it all day everyday).

Photo credits: pchome.com.tw, lacentnetwork.com

5 comments:

  1. If you have a supercomputer with a generic cheapo keyboard then your computer sucks!!!

    :( i assure you ill buy a better keyboard!!!!... someday... somehow haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. the keyboard doesn't appear super slim at all coz of the thick shadows around it.

    how about this one not a super slim but something weird..
    http://www.worldtechdevices.com/photoshop.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  3. @keruchan the keyboard itself is not superslim, but the keys are. photoshop keyboard looks weird hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. if those keys are slim... I want it.

    that PSkeyboard teaches people to become lazy , I rather memorize the shortcut than use one of those. (which I already have)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The motherboard as the laptop for me must to be efficient, quality and of course with a reasonable price. This is similar when i usually see to costa rica homes for sale i think is the best option in the market if you want to know a beautiful country and to a get a house quality.

    ReplyDelete